Have one of these in my 2010 Subaru Legacy. Made a big boost for the car, the car feels much more modern.
+ Good Apple CarPlay. Just plug in the phone via USB and it will automatically arrive.
+ Reconnect Bluetooth quickly at startup and automatically play the music
+ Can set your own wallpaper to fit better in the car.
+ Many options for steering wheel control (you can tie buttons etc.)
+ Graphic EQ, Bass Boost, etc option
+ Physical volume knob and other buttons. Would have it if the black box that translates the steering wheel buttons stops working.
+ Good screen despite it's not capacitive touch. Scrolling in lists is the only thing that feels a bit silly, but all other pressures are very responsive.
- When you start it will appear, "Do not check me when you drive, check out the road" box that has to be printed by pressing OK on the screen. It's not that annoying (it's usually come back when I'm backing up, so when I change gear from R to D, I press OK at the same time) but would have been more beautiful if it did not arrive at all.
- If you listen to Spotify via Bluetooth, the status of the Shuffle / Repeat buttons does not sync. So if you press Shuffle, the songs will be shuffled (you can watch the phone that the shuffle is running) but the stereo icon still says "Off". With Apple Music, it works.
- Playing songs from USB is not very user friendly when it comes to Shuffle / Repeat. Sitting on Shuffle wants to shuffle all songs on the USB memory, not just the folder you're in. Same with Repeat (it repeats all songs, not just those in the folder you're in)
- If you switch audio source from BT or CarPlay to, for example, radio, the music is not paused in BT / CarPlay
- Even though the contact list from your phone is synced to it, it's only number when someone calls you (via BT. In CarPlay it works, when it's Apple's interface then)
- The unit gets very hot
- Can not have the menus in Swedish. Personally, it does not matter to me, but if I sell the car to an old old man maybe it will be a problem
Overall, I am satisfied anyway. Just a few small petits that annoy me. But it has always worked and never sparkled.
Also worth mentioning that you can update the device firmware so that most of my problems can be fixed through a new update if Sony feels for it.
However, it has not released a new update since April 2017 (Nov 2017 at the time of writing) so I do not know how active they are; They may have stopped caring.