FIFA World Cup 2022: 3 tips for a successful game night
Grab a seat, it’s time for the FIFA World Cup! You don't have to be a sports fanatic to appreciate a thrilling game, with the right set of conditions, you’ll be having a football party right up to Christmas.
1. Sound and vision
To be able to watch the matches there are three options: you can go to Qatar and follow the tournament there, you can watch the matches on TV, or you can listen to the matches on the radio. A TV or radio could therefore be useful, alternatively a jet plane. If you want to hear the audience cheering and shouting in surround sound, we recommend a supplementary soundbar.
Popular TVs right now
- LG OLED55C3 55" 4K C3 OLED evo TV£1,299.00
- LG OLED65C3 65" 4K C3 OLED evo TV(2)£1,699.00
- LG OLED55G3 55" 4K OLED evo Gallery Design TV£1,579.00
- LG 50UQ7500 50" 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) LCD Smart TV(1)£274.80
- LG OLED42C3 42" 4K C3 OLED evo TV£931.51
- LG OLED77C3 77" 4K C3 OLED evo TV(1)£2,550.00
- LG OLED65G3 65" 4K OLED evo Gallery Design TV£2,244.31
- Samsung QE85Q60C 85" Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV£899.00
- LG 50UR78006LK 50" 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) LCD Smart TV£369.00
- Samsung QE65S90CATXXH 65" Neo OLED 4K TV£1,697.00
- Samsung QE65S95C 65" Neo OLED 4K TV£2,036.29
- Sony Bravia XR-65A95K 65" 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) QD-OLED Google TV(2)£2,798.00
Popular soundbars right now
- Samsung HW-Q930C Soundbar£679.00
- Samsung HW-Q990C Soundbar£934.99
- Sonos Arc(26)£649.00
- Sonos Beam (Gen 2)(9)£379.00
- Sonos Beam(51)£249.00
- Sony HT-A7000£698.99
- Hisense HS214 Soundbar£79.00
- Hisense AX5100G£209.00
- 17%Samsung HW-Q800C Soundbar£417.49
- Bose Smart Soundbar 600£399.00
- Sonos Ray Soundbar(3)£219.00
- Denon DHT-S517£279.86
Two nerve-wracking halves require energy. If there is also extra time and penalties, it’s absolutely necessary to have something to eat and drink nearby. Finger food is preferable when the sofa is the main seating area, but preferably avoid the saltiest snacks (you’ll need to drink more = you’ll miss a goal during a toilet break). Smoothies are our favourite: food and drink in one that can be consumed via a straw!
3. Make it convenient
It’s important that you sit comfortably and ergonomically while also needing space for gestures. Choose the type of seating based on your company. An armchair solves the problem of sour faces from relatives who just spilled their drink on the sofa because you suddenly needed to stand up and shout at the referee. Also make sure you don't have to leave the TV unnecessarily, with an app-controlled smart plug for the coffee maker, or a large thermos mug you don't have to do several runs to the kitchen.
There can never be too much football. So here are some suggestions for other nice products, maybe a Christmas gift for an equally football-loving friend?
9 football games for those of you who want to play your own championship
Whilst the rest of the football world relies on TV guides to know when the next match is being played, you can decide the timetable for your own football championship.
Text: Jessika Jellbom
Published: 28 October 2022
This article is written by PriceSpy's editorial staff. No one else has influenced the content of it. There are no paid links or other types of advertising collaborations.