As several have already commented (both for this KLF03 but also for SMEG KLF04), this is a kettle whose main function is to look good.
Things I bother about:
- The casing becomes extremely hot. If you happen to have the kettle near, for example, an electric cable that melts it. If you have curious children who reach for the jug, they will burn themselves. If you think the jug is heavy and may want to hold with two hands, then you burn yourself.
- It cools down very quickly. As already stated, it radiates heat and has very poor insulation. If you want to keep the water warm, there is certainly a "keeping warm function", but it would have been better if it had been insulated better.
- You need to press TWICE to start it. The first time to "light up" to display the current temperature setting, the second time to turn on the heater.
- It has strange sounds to it. Both when it should start and when it is ready. Sounds a bit like a Japanese luxury toilet and gives a cheap impression that does not match the design at all. The sounds can certainly be muted, but then you also do not get any indication that it is finished.
- It is difficult to read the water level. The water level indicator is located just BEHIND the handle on the jug so your hand is always in the way and you must lift the jug to head height to see the water level. Even then, it is sometimes difficult to read because the scale is so narrow.
- The lid on the jug can usually not be opened. You press the button on the top, but nothing happens. I read another review where the problem was reversed, the lid could not be closed. The lid is plastic and not even when you manage to open the lid do you get a particularly "good" tactile feedback. It simply does not exude quality.
In addition to the above, the jug is relatively expensive. My advice is to buy something else so you get more for your money.