In terms of hardware, this previous generation iPhone 11 Pro is quite similar. In terms of design, it is quite different! They have now gone back to the flat edges that many loved on iPhone 4 and 5. This is not only nice but also practical as the phone is easier to grip than if the edges are rounded as on previous generations. Unfortunately, the differences between this and the almost SEK 2,000 cheaper iPhone 12 are not as many as I had hoped. With this Pro model, you get what is not available on the regular 12:
* An extra telephoto lens on the back (2.5x Optical Zoom).
* LiDAR Scanner on the back (For augmented reality in apps and enhanced portraits in dark scenarios).
* The main lens on the back has a slightly wider light range (1.6 aperture instead of 1.7) which gives a little more detail in pictures taken in the dark.
* 6GB RAM instead of 4GB.
* Dolby Vision HDR recording at up to 60 frames per second instead of 30.
* Stainless steel edges instead of aluminum.
* Other color choices in darker tones.
* 8% brighter screen.
This year, both the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro have almost identical screens. They are the same size and both are also OLED, which gives excellent colors and perfect contrast. Both have the latest A14 Bionic chip and both support wireless charging. Both mobiles are also waterproof at a depth of 6 meters for up to 30 minutes, and both have a wide-angle lens and Face-ID from previous models.
As a whole, both mobiles are so similar to each other that it makes it difficult for me to justify the 25% higher cost of the Pro model over non-pro. Therefore, I can not give 12 Pro five stars, as it is simply too similar to its cheaper brother to be worth the extra money (in my opinion). If 12 Pro had included a 120Hz or 90Hz screen, it would have received five stars, but since it still only has 60Hz like all previous iPhones, it gets 4.5 / 5.