The Shop of the Year 2020 winner: Monster-Shop
Thousands of reviews were submitted, but only one shop could be the winner.
11 December 2020
Thousands of reviews were submitted, but only one shop could be the winner. We are delighted to announce that Monster-Shop is our Shop of the Year 2020! Congratulations! This go-to shop for the latest gaming, consoles, and accessories, has been showered with love in reviews, helping them top our coveted annual list.
Through the Shop of the Year competition, we want to celebrate the retailer that really put the shopping experience and us, consumers, at the centre of their approach. This year the competition was stronger than ever, and with the help of PriceSpy users, we have been able to crown this year's worthy winner.
For the first time, the competition was decided by shop reviews and ratings. When committed consumers share their experiences and opinions, shops get valuable tips on how they can be even better - and those who are considering a purchase are helped to make a wiser buying decision.
After reading some of the reviews written about Monster-Shop it is clear that they have consistently provided their customers security through excellent communication and customer service. They have offered PriceSpy users competitive prices along with a first-class shopping experience.
Daniel Lee, Director of Monster-Shop, said: ‘"We would like to thank each and every one of our loyal Monsters! You have continued to support us through this difficult year, and helped us in becoming one of the go to online gaming shops. You’ve all been amazing and we are so grateful for your custom, Thank You Monsters."
For a good cause
Something to make this year's Shop of the year extra special, we have chosen a UK charity to support. This year we picked the retailTRUST who believes in a world where everyone involved with retail is able to access help and preventative support to manage their wellbeing, whenever they need it. For every review, we received we promised to donate 10p to the retailTRUST. We managed to raise a total of £500 during the competition month. Thank you to all of you who left a review and for helping us raise money for the retailTRUST!
Neil Duffy, Director of Wellbeing and Funding at retailTRUST said: “Thank you for supporting retailTRUST and being there #forthefour in four colleagues who will experience a setback or difficult life event. Your generous donation will help us to provide much-need support to our retail colleagues and their families during their time of need. For anyone who would like to support the retail industry, donations are still welcome at justgiving.com/campaign/CaRe20."
The more the merrier
In addition to the main prize, we have also decided to award seven category prizes. These separate category prizes allow us to celebrate other their achievements, and all of the hard work and commitment of some of our highest-performing partners during 2020.
- Our Sport & Fitness Category winner is Nike Store GB. Nikes customers have found a great quality of customer service, and a first-class shopping experience through 2020. The runner up in this Category was MandM Direct.
- In our Consumer Electronics category, our winner was OnBuy. OnBuy’s customers have found them to be a great company to help make smarter buying decisions, providing strong customer and delivery service.
Cas Paton, the Founder and CEO at OnBuy said: “OnBuy’s recognition as Best Shop for Consumer Electronics is a fantastic achievement, especially with how contested a space it is, and how instrumental all of these products have been in keeping us entertained, connected and hard at work throughout 2020. This recognition means the world to my team and I, and to the sellers we work with day after day to bring the best deals to customers, while keeping at ethics the heart of everything we do.”
The runner up in this Category was Richer Sounds.
- Our Computers & Phones category winner was Ebuyer. They have provided their customers with strong technical support, which this year has been more important than ever. They have also been a go-to for good products and prices. The runner up in this Category was Laptops Direct.
- Our Games & Consoles category winner is also our Shop of the year winner Monster-Shop. This go-to gaming store has provided a great shopping experience for their customers during 2020 and has helped assist with smarter buying decisions, which has contributed to their winning of this year's shop of the year. The runner up in this Category GamesSoldSeperately.
- Our Home & Appliances category winner is John Lewis. John Lewis has offered a great quality of customer service and market-leading delivery during this year, leaving their shoppers very satisfied. The runner up in this Category was Argos.
- In our Beauty & Accessories category, our winner was FeelGoodContacts. FeelGoodContacts has been a great contender, offering customers a fast turnaround from ordering to delivery. This is supported by their great customer service. The runner up in this Category was Superdrug.
- Lastly, our Baby Supplies & Toys winner was Lego. Lego has been extremely helpful towards their customers, leaving a first-class shopping experience in the front of their customer's minds. This has encouraged shoppers to shop at Lego more often. The runner up in this Category HobbyCraft.