You get more than you pay for, with some compromises.
* ObS *
If you only use Quest 2 without a computer, do not buy the 64GB version, you will regret it.
Starting with the positive
+ Price, Facebook loses every headset.
+ Wireless VR, is a sick freedom against a cord.
+ Mobility, can use it just about anywhere ..
+ High resolution, no "screen door effect"
+ No back-bleed from the screen
+ Movie, is like watching a 200 "TV screen.
+ Watching 3d film is a completely new experience, unlike 3d in cinema which is crap ..
+ Good tracking of controls
+ Charges quickly
+ Wireless VR streamed from a PC, only that feature is worth 3.6k.
+ The sound is actually better than expected, for price and size
+ - Battery life is okay, you rarely play more than an hour straight.
+ - The graphics are approved but no more, have not tested so many games yet.
- Quest 2 is sadly extremely uncomfortable to wear and is its absolute biggest disadvantage.
- The lenses are not good, create light artifacts. I think I'm a little more sensitive than most?
- The black is non-existent, it never turns black.
- Can not adjust the brightness? Wtf?
- 64GB is too little if you only play built-in games.
- The FOV is bad, but still not worse than most other headsets.
Quest 2 definitely has drawbacks and some are quite extreme shortcomings. Like how extremely uncomfortable and bad Quest 2 is upside down.
That the blacks are completely awful and that the lenses are one of the places Facebook really skimped on.
But a Quest 2 can do things that not even the Valves Index can for 10k.
Even if I owned an Index, I would probably have bought a Quest just to sometimes avoid the cable and watch movies on the train.
Subtracting a star for expensive games, my entire rating was based on a low total price.