For those of you who bother to read:
This game sucks!
Played for 2 hours now and can say that it is a really bad game, if one places no obligation on it to play. The game looks to be from 2000. They can not keep up with developments and make a game based on the demands of today of players due. current technology (graphically speaking)?! What difference does it make to put Anti-Aliasing under 'Options' when it still does not matter if you set it to 4x or 16x? The game looks hopeless out anyway.
Trees, grass and shrubs look TOO easy out and it destroys VERY much of the game because it takes place on an island, which means a lot of trees, grass and shrubs - what a surprise dry.gif
First we take a little of the menus, now it is so that the menus are really made for the console as a thousand people have already been asking. They are slow and almost everything is done with the keyboard. But I find myself no one should hold on and whine about the menus as you (hopefully) will not sit and hang in front of the menus without actually playing the game. So enought talk about the menus.
Now to the more important aspects:
- The graphics. 've already talked about it above, but I'll take it again. The graphics suck if it's someone who does not understand it yet. It looks like it has no AA at all activated in the game. And the textures are either not very good looking. Crooked stones and the ground looks not so good, but it should not come by because there is so much grass on top.
- Mouse! It takes so long to use the mouse, rather, that the mouse will react (and yes, I have good framerate - is 45-60fps). It takes 1-2 seconds for the mouse to respond and it is deadly important in shooters! Would not make a difference if the mouse was sluggish in a flight simulator game, but now we are talking about FPS which means fast reactions, quick movements and many bullets flying past a. One can change the mouse sensitivity but it will not help because the problem is the reaction from the man moved the mouse on the mouse pad to the player reacts in the game.
- Then we have the cars, now I have only had time to run a single type of car but I have a strong feeling that most other vehicles in this game react fairly similarly. The problem is when to turn on the car, you're driving with the keyboard, and keeps you down key more than 1 second (yes, literally) so slipping the car and can not check if you do not release the throttle completely, or the brakes first.
- Then we come to the sounds and voices in the game. I've been running the ARMA 2 demo and can say that the only reason I do not buy ARMA 2 is precisely due. the robot-like, boring and wimpy cast. I know it sounds weird that I do not buy the game just because. votes, but I am. wink.gif
Return to OFP: The voices are well-made and in different modes, ie. sometimes they scream (in combat) and sometimes whisper them (when it's quiet). So the sound and voices I can not complain about except that there are some bugs and that it is sometimes "short-circuit" ie. that the soldier did not say finished his sentence, or start talking in mid-sentence. Sample audio bug is when I shot my own companion in the leg. Then he said, almost charming, "medic". He screamed even without just said completely normal "medic" as if I interrupted his coffee break or something when I shot him.
- When crouchar and views simultaneously, it is good that while also moving. But when lying down on the ground (with the belly towards the ground) and aim at the same time so you can not move at all, but you have to let go of sight, move to where you want (if it is 0.5 or 15 meters), and then aim again. This is extremely annoying when you have 3-5 enemies 500 meters away trying to aim at and shoot a little tucked away at a stone or similar.
- Subject explosions and smoke so they are very well made, I can tell. Really good and realistic sound as well, good smoke effects etc. But even here there are some bugs: I shot a little "armored" or whatever it was so that it exploded. Then burned it, it came smoke and so on. And the smoke continued course get out the car after the explosion by a few minutes. But 200 meters away from the car, I would blow up some rockets with C4, which I did but then just disappeared rockets "up in smoke" and that neither burned or got out smoke even 3 seconds of the explosion, hmm ...
- Choosing a weapon is not the easiest. It takes TIID. First, scroll to the mouse (and of course you can not move at the same time), then you select a gun with the keyboard and have to wait 2-3 seconds until "choose animation" on the buttons with the weapon is ready then you can then move and use the weapon. This is very annoying and one of the things that makes the game extremely sluggish.
Now it was perhaps a bit far, but just so you get a glimpse of what it is to pröjsa 400 bucks for a game and then be disappointed and you will not have to go through this whole "process" itself.
Anyway, the game feels generally sluggish, poor graphics, not so good atmosphere (feels "poor" despite all the trees and objects, oddly enough), some controls are extremely annoying and there are several bugs.
My true advice to you: Buy EJ game. Buy rather ARMA 2 (if you can stand the votes there).
And to those of you who will say that you can not compare OFP2 and ARMA 2: I've still only played the demo for ARMA 2 and compare only the votes and nothing else.
Sells enough game on the block.